Laurie Edwards

I'm a 31-year-old writer trying to balance multiple chronic illnesses (PCD, bronchiectasis, celiac disease, etc) with, you know, the rest of my life. My first book, Life Disrupted: Getting Real About Chronic Illness in Your Twenties and Thirties (Walker), was named one of 2008’s Best Consumer Health Books. I am currently working on my second book.

My essays and articles have appeared in the Boston Globe, Glamour, and many other print and online outlets. A Chronic Dose was named one of Health Central’s Top Sites for Pain in 2007, and was featured in Wired.

I have a BA from Georgetown University, an MFA from Emerson College, and I am a full-time lecturer at Northeastern University. I live in the Boston area with my husband, our daughter, and two rescue mutts.

 
Powered by blogger. Customized by PinkDezine.